Monday, April 6, 2009

The Monday Special

It is 2 days before Easter vacation at my school, so I have excited kids and need to keep their attention and get something done. Here are a few of my Easter lessons:

Kindergarten: using the finger scissor to tear out shapes to create a bunny. I love this lesson they start by tearing out large white ovals and then a little smaller pink ovals for the ears. And large oval for the head and then use crayon to draw the features for the eyes, nose and mouth. The ripped texture makes this bunny look great.

2nd: I get the doctors to donate the paper that covers the patient tables that nice heavy tissue like paper. The doctors throw out unused rolls when the big medicine providers change the logos. They get these free from the companies only drawback is along the edge is some medications logo that I trim before using. I give the students a big rectangle 18x24 and have them fold it in half, then discuss symmetry

No comments:

Post a Comment